Residential Real Estate Neighborhoods:
- Lake Club
- Lakewood Ranch Country Club
- Lakewood Ranch Country Club East
- River Club
- The Concession Golf Club & Residences
- The Lake Vista
Lakewood Ranch is recognized as one of the most successful master-planned communities in the country. Conveniently located on the Manatee/Sarasota County boundary, it is just minutes away from the Sarasota cultural arts district and less than one hour from both Tampa and St. Petersburg. It's ideally situated just south of the Tampa Bay area, close to the services and entertainment venues of a major metropolitan area but outside of the congestion and hectic pace of city life. Truly, Lakewood Ranch offers a perfect combination of residential neighborhoods, on-site recreation, business parks, medical facilities, and shopping, Lakewood Ranch exudes all requirements for the best of Florida living within a setting distinctly its own.
The Lakewood Ranch real estate market has several “villages” which offer a wide variety of both housing and lifestyles. The villages are encircled by a wealth of natural lakes, from small fishing ponds to 160-acre Lake Uihlein. Lakewood Ranch also includes 54 holes of golf, a fitness center, fine and casual dining, movie theaters, shopping, polo grounds, excellent schools, and healthcare facilities.
Opportunities for education abound for all ages and needs. This includes a high school and new elementary and middle schools. The Out of Door Academy, located just off University Parkway, is a highly acclaimed private school. Other educational institutions at the Ranch include Manatee Community College, Manatee Technical Institute, Keiser College, Everglades University and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM).
The community features many natural attractions and recreational facilities for children, adults and even pets. There are six recreational parks, including an adventure park for teens, a 100-acre nature preserve and 420 acres of man-made lakes. Walkers and bikers enjoy more than 100 miles of sidewalks and trails. The Paw Park provides a large, safe area for dogs to romp and play and show off their agility skills.
In 2001, the Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club opened its' 42,000 square-foot Clubhouse. Arnold Palmer's course design company created a total of 36 holes of golf in two separate phases of development. The Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club Clubhouse and courses have received numerous awards and accolades. To complement the private golf experience, the Palmer-designed Legacy Golf course is available on a daily fee basis. There are more private golf opportunities under construction in the community and adjacent developments. Tom Fazio has designed a course for The Ritz Carlton's new golf club just north of Lakewood Ranch's newest development, The Lake Club. Jack Nicklaus has designed the Concession Course, which is just a few miles east of Lakewood Ranch.
The Athletic Center
- Tennis Club: 16 HarTru, 2 Clay, 1 Stadium courts
- Fitness Center: Cybex V2 Equipment, Free Weights, Cardiovascular Equipment, Aerobics Room/Spinning Exercise Bikes
- Aquatic Center: Heated Jr. Olympic Eight-Lane Pool, Heated Resort Pool
- Full-Service Pro Shop
- Courtside Deli & Lounge
- ball fields, tennis/racquetball courts, basketball, volleyball, inline skating
- pavilions/picnic areas
- fishing/small boating
- nature trails
- dog park
- Legacy Golf Club: Championship Arnold Palmer Designed Course
- Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club: Private Course featuring 36 holes
- 130 acres of manicured fields, a clubhouse and an open-air pavilion
- Every Sunday from mid-December through mid-April
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is a 120-bed acute-care hospital, complete with emergency care, outpatient services and a women's center
- 180,000 square-foot facility Complimented by an adjacent 60,000 square foot Medical Office building which houses primary and specialty care physicians, the Lakewood Ranch Imaging Center and the Lakewood Ranch Blood Center.
- Patients have access to a medical staff of over 300 physicians and allied health professionals with a comprehensive range of specialties who use technological advances in medicine
For More Information Visit: